About this blog

This blog examines current ideas on alternative treatments for Crohn's disease. Although the medical community will tell you that diet doesn't matter, or that alternative treatments are worthless for treating Crohn's disease, this is only because there hasn't been as much double blind clinical testing for most alternative treatments. Therefore they cannot with certainty offer them to you. But, the truth is, many treatments can have an effect on Crohn's disease, or at least improve your general health. We attempt to examine them here.


Sunday, August 27, 2017

Boron Detox

After being told through the BioMeridian that I was low in boron, I began supplementing boron at 12 mg. a day. After a couple weeks, I experienced an optical migraine that started out as a small blind spot in my vision that gradually grew after several minutes and expanded in an arc with bright black and white jagged edges. I also had increased nausea and diarrhea. I later read that die-off or detox is common, as it is potent at killing candida.

Here is a great overview of why boron is important:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/

I was mainly interested in arthritis aspects, as I have a lot of arthritis that travels from joint to joint that is common in Crohn's disease.

After the reaction, I cut back to just one milligram per day and will work slowly up to two milligrams per day. I have not had any reactions since then.

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

This article shows the alternative medicine usage of boron and description of Herxheimer reactions.

8/15/18 update: I am now able to take 1-2 mg. a day with no increased reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment